Monday, July 18, 2016

BookTubeAThon TBR! (2016)

Hello! The BookTubeAThon started a little over two hours ago in my time zone, and then I realized that I forgot to make a TBR post, so I decided that I'm going to do a quick post right now to let you guys know what I'm going to be reading this week!

If you want more information on the BookTubeAThon (or if you just don't know what the hell it is) then you can check out their YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. Also, this is Book Depository's BookTubeAThon page with discounts and stuff.

Last year, I read six books, and completed six of the seven challenges, which is actually pretty good. I'm hoping that I can complete all seven this time around, but even six is pretty good in my book!

Challenge #1 - Read a book with yellow on the cover.


I'm going to be reading Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella because so many people adore it, and I've been avoiding it for awhile, but I thought I'd try to read it now. I really wanted to read it last year, but that just didn't happen... At least from the description it sounds like it's going to romanticize mental illness, which terrifies me because NO, but obviously I don't know so correct me if I'm wrong.




Challenge #2 - Read a book only after sunset.


I honestly don't know which one this is going to be sooo.... But I am going to try to do it with The Crown by Kiera Cass, mostly because it's currently night, and I plan on reading that one first.

Also, can we talk about how TERRIFYING and CREEPY this cover is? Just look at that face! What the hell is that? I literally have a poster of it that came with it that I refuse to hang up because the face creeps me out (though the other side is The Heir, mostly I'm really lazy..)




Challenge #3 - Read a book you discovered through BookTube.


For this challenge, I'm going to be reading My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Wanga. To be honest, this book also sounds like it's going to romanticize mental illness, but that seems to be a thing, so let's just go with it. I mean, I already own it (friend's gift), so I might as well read it amirite?

Also, it's literally one of the only books that I remember being recommended to me by a BookTuber. It was JesseTheReader, no, I have no clue what video.



Challenge #4 - Read a book by one of your favorite authors.


I really really really need to read The Hidden Oracle. I've been attempting to avoid spoilers rather unsuccessfully so far, and so I think it would be best to just read it. I've been meaning to read it forever (this is not the first TBR this book has been on, unfortunately), and I think it might be time to force myself to sit down and read.

Also, people keep talking about Solangelo. Is that in this book?? Is it? I NEED TO KNOW.




Challenge #5 - Read a book that is older than you. & Challenge #6 - Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation.


I'M GOING TO BE READING HARRY POTTER, OKAY? AND NO, I HAVEN'T READ IT YET PLEASEDONTKILLME. Yes, this book was on my TBR last year. But on the bright side, it's one of only two books on the TBR that's older than me (the other one being White Jenna by Jane Yolen), so I'm probably going to be forced to read it this time around. And as for the book-to-movie adaptation challenge, it's is legitimately the only book on my shelf I haven't read with a movie adaptation, which, no, I also haven't watched. Kill me.

Challenge #7 - Read seven books.


My last two books are The Battle of the Labyrinth and The Demigod Files by Rick Riordan. I really need to read The Battle of the Labyrinth for The Half-Blood Readalong (info here), and it seemed fitting to read The Demigod Files directly after it since that's the order it was published in. I also didn't read them in that order the first time (I read The Last Olympian first), so I thought it would be nice to read them in publication order during my reread of the series.


Hurrah! I'm really looking forward to this week full of reading! Are any of you guys participating? I know most of you guys are bloggers, not BookTubers, but it's honestly so much fun for everybody as long as you like reading. Definitely check it out!

Thanks for reading! Are you participating in the BookTubeAThon this week?

PS: If you're curious, Camp NaNoWriMo has once again been a flop. Several things came in the way that I wasn't expecting (including but not limited to: random trips to Chicago I wasn't informed about, Sherlock series two, this readathon, The Half-Blood Readalong stuff (so many bookmarks), my birthday next week and the misgendering by family members that comes with it, and the fact that I'm very ADHD), so I've pretty much given up. BUT: I do really want to if not finish than at least come close to finishing my novel by the end of the summer. As of right now, August looks pretty open for me, so I'm hoping I'll have enough time to crank out some words. Please, somebody hold me to that. I don't want to fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment