Monday, June 6, 2016

Music Monday: PVRIS & The Killers


I've seen several people participating in a meme called Music Monday. There are a lot of people doing it, and most of them are doing it in a slightly different way. I've always wanted to find something where I could talk about music, and I thought my own version of Music Monday could be that.

Now if you've been paying close attention, you may remember that I completely went off memes a few months ago. How is this different? Well, it's less pressure. It's pretty easy for me to pick out some of my favorite music from the week, whereas it's much harder to come up with an interesting discussion question and write something meaningful about it every week. With this, I can just rant and fangirl for a little while every week. I like this idea. I also like knowing everything about other people's music taste.

For my version of Music Monday, I'm mostly likely going to be highlighting a one or two of my favorite artists for that week.

This is actually a pretty interesting first week because I went to one day at the Bunbury Music Festival in downtown Cincinnati this last weekend. Both of these bands were present (though I'd already known them beforehand), and there's a good chance that if they weren't there, they wouldn't have been in this post.


PVRIS

(It's pronounced "Paris" if you were wondering. It took me too long to understand that sooo..I kept saying "pihv-rihs" even after I learned how it's supposed to be pronounced.)

While I had heard of these guys before seeing them live, I'd only listened to one of their songs. I was pleasantly surprised at their performance, and I bought their album (White Noise) and got it signed. I then proceeded to listen to them and only them for the rest of the weekend.

I don't know if this is a compliment or not, but it's really nice to listen to them without really listening. Like, I'm listening to them right now. It's so easy to write to, and I really like background noise when I'm writing. Because I've been mostly listening to them without really paying attention, I don't have a favorite song. Whoops. I probably will eventually.

The Killers

Okay, so I've actually been into the Killers for awhile. And by that I mean they've been one of my favorite bands for a couple years. I finally got to see them live last weekend, and it was amazing. It was one of my favorite concerts ever.

Somehow, I managed to get pretty close to the front (there was a lot of pushing involved). Yes, I was in a mosh pit. Usually, I try to stay away from these because they're sweaty and kinda gross, but I really wanted to be close to the stage for just this one concert. It ended up being amazing because there were so many other people there that knew all of the words to every song like I did. Granted, they were mostly half-drunk (or fully drunk sometimes) college students, but there was one (cute) girl that was about my age whom I helped get through the crowd a little bit. She had pink hair and the only visible makeup she was wearing was eyeliner (basically, my type). I don't even know her name. I'm disappointed in myself.

By the end, I was very dehydrated and my legs hurt, but it was worth it. I think.

What music have you been listening to this week?

1 comment:

  1. I've been listening to Dr. Dre Compton. I've been wanting to listen to and impressed. This is my music monday.

    ReplyDelete