Thursday, June 2, 2016

May Wrap-Up and June TBR



May was a pretty good month for me. Not exactly in terms of reading because I didn't read too many books, but everything else went pretty well. Exams took up a good amount of this month, but I was out of school for the last few days of May! That was helpful.

Books I Read


Demigods & Magicians: Percy and Annabeth Meet the Kanes by Rick Riordan

Of course, I'd already read all of the book before (except the excerpt from The Hidden Oracle), but it was cool to read it all at once. I hadn't read the first story in three years, so it was probably time.

Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand

I had to read this book for school. It was...meh. I have a hard time liking books I'm forced to read, and this really wasn't the kind of thing I would pick out for myself.

About a Girl by Sarah McCarry

I really liked this book. It was the first book with a lesbian romance I've read, and I probably need to read more. You can read my review here.

Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin

I picked up this book just because it contains a gender fluid character, and I actually liked it more than I thought I would! It did have a few issues which I expressed in my review. You know, the one I haven't posted yet. Probably not until next week...or I could wait until the 16th, which is gender fluid pride (because pride month), but that seems like a really long time to wait.

Posts I Posted


Books I will hopefully read.

How was your May?

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading the Hidden Oracle right now! It's really good. Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying it right now! :) And have fun re-reading the Percy Jackson series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's good! I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks! :D

      Delete