Sunday, May 1, 2016

April Wrap-Up


I've never actually done one of these before, but for some reason I kind of love reading them? Is that weird? I don't know. I thought I'd try it out. Plus, this month didn't totally suck, so it must be a good time to start!

Books I read:


Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 9 by Akihisa Ikeda

I don't know why I'm reading this series. It's kind of awful. I thought I'd read through at least the first season though....

Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

I mean, I didn't hate reading this play. I love Shakespearean language, but honestly the romance of this story makes me want to throw up. Always has. (See: My Thoughts on Romeo & Juliet (Expressed Entirely in Gifs))

172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad

I actually liked this book WAY MORE than I thought I would. I listened to the audiobook during Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon, and it turned out to be a pretty good readathon book! I did a mini review of this book in my readathon wrap-up.

Half Lost (Half Bad Trilogy #3) by Sally Green

I also finished this book during the Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon! AND OH MY GOD THIS BOOK. As I mentioned in my wrap-up of the readathon, I will be doing a full review for this book at some point. It's just one of those books that deserves a full review. And a spoiler section where I freak out.

Currently Reading

 

Demigods & Magicians: Percy and Annabeth Meet the Kanes by Rick Riordan

Even though I've technically read everything in this book already (save the excerpt from The Hidden Oracle, but I read that first), I wanted to reread the whole thing together. I hadn't read The Son of Sobek since sixth grade (more than three years ago) when it first came out. It's definitely time.

About A Girl by Sarah McCarry

THIS BOOK. It is apparently a series, but from what I gather, each of the three books can be read separately. I'm loving this book so much. I love love love the main character (though I'm sure a good amount of people wouldn't...), and the writing is amazing. It's kind of this slightly offensive (at times), intelligent humor, and it's just beautifully descriptive. I think I might read the other books just for the writing, even though they don't have what I picked this book up for - a lesbian romance. Why I've never read a book with a lesbian romance I have no idea because I identify with it so much. I need to read more of it.

More Than This by Patrick Ness

I thought it would be a good time to reread More Than This because I'm in love with this book. Why doesn't everyone read this book?
 

Posts I Posted (What else can you do with posts?)

 

In terms of how much I read, this month went okay. Considering I also had a bunch of standardized testing (thanks America) for the last couple of weeks, I can't expect too much out of myself. It was alright though, and school ends in less than a month! I WILL HAVE TIME TO READ ALL THE BOOKS. Last summer, I taught myself how to cook and how to code HTML. Who knows what skill I will learn this summer? Hopefully I'll focus more on the ukulele...

How was your month of April?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment