Friday, April 22, 2016

My Thoughts on Romeo & Juliet (Expressed Entirely in Gifs)

I recently read Romeo and Juliet for school. I had opinions about it, but I didn't want to do an actual review for something like this. So because it's still a really well-known story, I thought it would be fun to express my thoughts in gifs. At first I was going to put captions around them to give them some context, but I think most of these can be applied to most of the play.

Just a warning, these are in no order whatsoever. Some of them are, but most of them are random...




 
 
(Or...just kind of looking, I guess.)
 
PS: I actually do like Shakespeare's writing style, but the plot of this one annoyed me. Though I do enjoy a good main character death... 

6 comments:

  1. LOVE! The eye roll says it best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much of a classic Romeo and Juliet is, the plot in general makes me question exactly what "love" meant back in the old days. Surely it wasn't as ridiculous as how Shakespeare portrayed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY! I'm glad we live in a time where stuff like this is seen as ridiculous. Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the concept of this post! I haven't actually finished Romeo and Juliet but I will do when I have a few hours to spare.

    One World, Too Many Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is one of those staples of literature isn't it? But it's still kind of ridiculous. XD Thank you! :)

      Delete