Sunday, April 24, 2016

Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon Wrap-Up & Mini Review!

Yesterday was the biannual Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon. This was my third time participating, and I've got to say, it went quite well! I finished two books! Though I actually had started them beforehand...

Books Finished

 

Book One:

Title: 172 Hours on the Moon
Author: Johan Harstad
Translator (originally in Norwegian): Tara F. Chace
Format: audiobook
Genre: sci-fi/horror
Pages: 368
Average Goodreads Rating: 3.69 stars
My Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis: Three teenagers are going on the trip of a lifetime. Only one is coming back. It's been more than forty years since NASA sent the first men to the moon, and to grab some much-needed funding and attention, they decide to launch an historic international lottery in which three lucky teenagers can win a week-long trip to moon base DARLAH 2.
 

Mini Review:

The Good:
THIS BOOK. I liked it way more than I thought I would. It's not exactly a genre I'm very into. I quite like the characters. Mostly Mia. Her love for music was a nice touch. The other ones were okay. For while I was kind of confused why it was horror because it took awhile to get to anything scary, but it got pretty damn scary. It wasn't really traumatizing, though. It got about as scary as Doctor Who usually does, creepy, but it won't give you nightmares probably. At least not for very long. I SO DID NOT SEE THE ENDING COMING THOUGH. I SAW NOTHING COMING. I WAS ALWAYS WRONG IN MY PRODICTIONS.
 
The Bad:
The romance was kind of unnecessary. Luckily, it didn't last long, but I'm not really sure why it happened in the first place. Also, I thought it was going to end like ten times before it actually did. In my opinion, it would have been better if it had left on a cliffhanger. As much as I hate cliffhangers, I honestly think it would have been better if we could have imagined the ending ourselves. (SPOILER: It should have ended when it was revealed that Mia was the doppelgänger.)
 

Book Two:

Title: Half Lost
Series: Half Bad Trilogy (#3)
Author: Sally Green
Format: print
Genre: fantasy
Pages: 352
Average Goodreads Rating: 3.83 stars
My Rating: 5 stars
 
**FULL REVIEW COMING SOON**
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So yes! It actually went pretty well! I also got about halfway through rereading More Than This by Patrick Ness (one of my favorite books of all time). Considering I stopped reading when there was still 8 hours left (I had stuff to do today...), I think that's pretty good! Hopefully at some point I'll actually do the full readathon without giving up when I get tired.
 
Did you participate in this readathon? How was it?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment