Thursday, April 7, 2016

Book Haul: Winter 2016

It's been a long time since I've done a book haul, hasn't it? Not since December 1st! How is it April already??????

Anyway, I got quite a few books. Most of which I haven't read because I've been in a terrible reading slump for most of 2016. Maybe going back through them will change that? Nah, probably not.

1. Guardian (Proxy #2) by Alex London

I got this for Christmas, and why I still haven't read it? I have no idea. I loved the first book, Proxy, which I read last summer, but I just haven't felt the urge to pick this up. Honestly, I probably won't for while now....it's very sad.


2. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga

A friend gave this to me also for Christmas. I'm a little iffy on reading it just because the synopsis makes it sound like it's going to romanticize suicide and depression. I have no idea if it actually does or not, but I'm scared. If it does, it get zero stars. No questions.


3. Passenger (Passenger #1) by Alexandra Bracken

Why did I buy this? Ummmm....because everyone else was. And the cover is pretty! Terrible reasoning. Just awful.


4. Truthwitch (Truthwitch #1) by Susan Dennard

Well, okay, maybe I bought this one for the same reasons as Passenger, but at least I think this one actually sounds interesting!


5. Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin

I looked far and wide. And guess what I found? A gender-fluid MAIN character. IT'S FUCKING MAGICAL. No, I haven't read it yet. What???????


6. Every Day by David Levithan

I FINALLY GOT A PHYSICAL COPY. YAY. This book is not just good, but it's also very special to me. I read this book nearly two years ago, and I can't believe I waited this long to get a copy! I'm so happy I have it.


7. Uglies Series (Uglies, Pretties, & Specials) by Scott Westerfeld

I got this entire series from Half-Price Books for around $13....which is just amazing. Even if they aren't exactly in new condition, it's still amazingly good for the price! And, I mean, I thought Uglies was okay. A solid 4 stars!

8. Graceling (Graceling Realm #1) by Kristin Cashore

Hey look, it's another first book in a fantasy series! Are you surprised? Because you shouldn't be.


What books did you buy last winter?
 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, you've gotten so many great books! I really want to read Passenger and Truthwitch, and I'm going to be starting Graceling very soon! I've heard some fantastic things about those books :) I love this book haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might start Graceling soon...I don't know really. There are just so many books to start! I'll see I guess. :)

      Delete