Friday, January 22, 2016

The Ultimate Book Tag!


Hello! I saw this on post on The Book Space (originally created by Chapter Chicks awhile ago) and felt entitled to do it. Plus I'm bored. And it looked fun. So why not.

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?

I used to, but it seems to no longer be a problem. In the last couple years I've read lots of book in cars, though I would have died if it did that a couple years ago. I'm not sure what changed..

2. Which authors writing style is completely unique to you and why?

I have to go with Tahereh Mafi on this one. If you've ever read the Shatter Me Trilogy you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. It's actually the kind of writing style you either love or hate. (I've seen many people that do.) But personally I love it. :)

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give three points to defend your answer.

Ha. I've only read the first book in both of these series....but I have to go with Harry Potter.

1. Because people will kill me if I don't.
2. Wizards > Vampires.
3. England. Is that a bad reason..? Better than Oregon. Or Washington? I don't remember.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what's in it (besides books)?

Well...I have an overly full folder where I stuff random things. Homework. Forms. Entire novels. That kind of stuff. I also have a planner. (I pretend to be an organized person.) And last but not least, a shit load of pens. SO MANY PENS. I have an obsession.

5. Do you smell your books?

Obviously.

6. Books with or without little illustrations?

Hmm. With. I like artwork in books for some reason. Or photographs.

7. What book did you love while read but realized later it wasn't quality writing?

Oh wow. Time to go against everything I've ever said..

Percy Jackson?

Don't get me wrong, they're great books. I loved them when I was little, and I still do! But a few years ago I thought they were the best thing ever. I've now realized that there are better books, and I can actually point out flaws in them. But I still love them to death...

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!

Uhhhhh All I can think of is when I left my copy of The Lightning Thief out in a thunderstorm. Is that funny? I didn't think so..

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?

Um. Right. The actual thinnest book on my shelf is a tiny little children's book in German my dad used to read to me called Unsere Lieblingsspielzeug or "Our Favorite Toy". I can only half read it (it's better than me trying to speak it), but it is technically the thinnest book on my shelf at around 6 pages. Mostly pictures.

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?

I'm pretty sure it's The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. A couple of the Harry Potter books are longer than that but those are on my shelf, so I'm not going to count it...

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?

I do write, though I fail at it. As for being an author...I still have an Egyptology obsession to keep at bay. So I'm not sure that's going to happen.

12. When did you get into reading?

I'm one of those people that's always been into reading, but I didn't get really hardcore into it until I was 10 or 11. Since then it's all been books books books books and books.

13. What is your favorite classic book?

The Diary of Anne Frank. I LOVE that book and Anne Frank quite a bit for some reason. That's only strange because I don't tend to be very interested in World War II, but to me it seems like Anne's diary doesn't really focus on that to much. Maybe that's why I love it..?

14. In school is your best subject English/Language Arts

While I am pretty good at English, I'm also good at everything else. I'm kind of a well-rounded student... Honestly, I like history much better. (I'm sorry, I just can't stand literary analysis essays.)

15. If you were given a book as a present that you'd read before and hated, what would you do?

If the cover is pretty, I'll put it on my shelf and display it. If not, I'll hide it somewhere in my shelf out of sight. I probably won't get rid of it. At least not immediately...

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?

Hmmmm.... Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins is semi-similar to Harry Potter. Well, there's a school with magical creatures (it's not wizards so.. :P). Plus Hex Hall is HILARIOUS.

17. What is a bad habit you always do?

Getting books off my shelf planning to read them soon, but never actually reading them.

18. What is your favorite word?

Hiatus. Really. Random. Word. I. Know.

19. Are you a nerd, a dork, or a dweeb? Or all of the above?

Out of these options? Probably a nerd. Though I tend to identify more with the word "geek". (If that wasn't obvious.)

20. Vampires or fairies? Why?

Fairies. Because...fantasy trumps paranormal. And Twilight.

21. Shapeshifters or angels? Why?

Shapeshifters. Because...Hush, Hush was terrible. They both suck, really.

22. Spirits or werewolves? Why?

Spirits. Because...I like hauntings. And Twilight.

23. Zombies or vampires? Why?

Vampires. Because...I hate zombies. I think they're stupid. Don't ask me to watch The Walking Dead. Ugh.

24. Love triangle or forbidden love?

Forbidden love! Who can even stand love triangles anymore? Teams annoy me.

25. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: Full-on romance books or action-packed with a few love  scenes mixed in?

ACTION-PACKED WITH A FEW LOVE SCENES MIXED IN. I'm not a fan of lovey dovey books. They annoy and bore me.

Thanks for reading! This is definitely a fun tag to do when you're bored by the way...recommended.

4 comments:

  1. These are great answers! I might do this tag if I have time.
    Loving the new look to your blog, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a fun tag to do when you're bored... :)

      Delete

  2. Hey there! I nominated you for the Liebster award :) http://reviewingdreamer.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/liebster-award-2016.html
    Hope to hear from you soon. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, but I'm not really into awards anymore... I did a few early on and decided they took too much time without much payback. Thanks for the nomination, though, I'll be sure to check out your post anyway! :)

      Delete