Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Comment Issues

Hello! This is a quick post explaining the issues I've been having with my comments...and if you (hopefully a person better with computers) could explain how I could fix it, that would be fantastic.

This problem has been going on for several months now. I'd really rather not switch to another commenting platform, but if this continues to be a problem I'm going to have to.

Basically, I can't reply to comments. People can comment! Then the reply button is there, and when I hover over it it becomes underlined in a link kind of way, but when I click on it nothing happens. Originally I thought it might be a problem with cookies (or something..my knowledge of computer things is limited), but now that I've tried going through the settings of several different browsers (Chrome, Explorer, Safari, and Firefox) on several different devices, I'm pretty convinced that's not the problem.

Here's the thing - I can reply to comments on other blogs, so I'm assuming it's a problem with my blog in particular. Though what that problem is? I haven't the slightest idea.

I went through all the tutorials I could find, but according to the internet, my comments should be working. Maybe it's a problem with my template, my something, I don't know. I've been considering just completely redoing my blog design and starting from scratch, but I'm quite happy with it how it is right now! I don't want to start over and then possibly end up with something I don't like as much. Especially because I'm not sure that's going to fix it.

If you have any idea how I could fix this, please tell me how in the comments. It's likely this is a very simple problem and I'm just being an idiot, but I've been struggling with this for months. You'll know it worked if I reply I guess... Thank you in advance!

So sorry I haven't been replying to comments for the last few months... HELP ME PLEASE

EDIT: COMMENTS ARE NOW WORKING. I did change my design slightly, so maybe that's the reason. Either way hurrah and this is exciting. Thank you to everyone who tried to help me! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you tried maybe using someone else's computer, or tried replying from a phone/ipad/tablet/anything else that has internet? Are you logged in to your blogger account when you reply?
    I hope you'll figure this out soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did previously have a problem with my blog's commenting - but that was because of my browser. All I can suggest is posting your problem to the Google Blogger Help Forum (if you haven't already done that).

    Hope you get it sorted soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fixed! Somehow... I guess it was a problem with my design or something. Thanks for trying to help though!

      Delete