Wednesday, January 6, 2016

BOOK UNHAUL 2

Hello! If you're unaware, I did another book unhaul back in, um, June or something. (You can read that here.) I was considering getting rid of some of the books on this list back then and didn't, so I'm getting rid of them now.

By the way I'm not saying you shouldn't read the books on this list, as I haven't really given most of them a chance, but I've had a lot of these books for several years and never picked them up. I decided it was time.

Also getting rid of some second copies of some of my favorite books, so yeah, don't take this list seriously.. :/

BUT. Before I start, I'd like to do some ranting about Half Price Books (which is a bookstore in some states in the US).

After I sold these books, I decided I was NEVER GOING BACK TO HALF PRICE BOOKS EVER AGAIN. So many people love this store, and I kind of used to. If you're unaware, they sell and buy used (and sometimes new) books.

They pretty much give you no money though. For me, my books being hardcover and like-new condition, I get about a dollar per book or less. Yet these books are sold for $10-$12 dollars. I understand you have to make a profit, but it feels like such a rip-off. I'd rather donate these books or give them to friends.

Not to mention even their "new" books sometimes look worse than the books I give them after having read them. Many of them have marks made with Sharpies on them for no apparent reason. And the prices for new ones are barely better than Barnes & Noble, but in worse condition.

I'm done with this store. Barnes & Noble for the win.

I wish I hadn't just sold all of these books for $9.

Steelheart (The Reckoners #1) by Brandon Sanderson

I was going to sell this book because I got a second signed copy, but then I was told the price they were going to give me for it a basically went HELL NO.

Brandon Sanderson is one of my favorite authors of all time, and I'd rather have a second copy of this book than get a dollar for it.

Basically I wrote this post before that.

I hauled my signed edition here.


Rook by Sharon Cameron

Yeah, I don't know why I bought this. I regret it quite a bit because I bought it as a full price hardcover. Why must I just throw my money away like this?!??!? Obviously, I'm crazy and I need to think before I make impulse buys like this one...


Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

This is paranormal. I don't exactly like paranormal. It's also a long series with iffy reviews. I don't wanna read this.


I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1) by Pittacus Lore

So...I don't actually know where this book came from. I don't remember buying it, and I'm not interested in it at all. At least I don't think I bought it for full-price considering it looks like shit (sorry if you don't like cursing, the condition of this book just has to be described that way).


Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand

Hush, Hush ruined angels for me. And I don't care. Goodbye, book I didn't even give a chance!


Haunted San Francisco by Rand Richards

I think I bought this when I was in San Francisco like a year and a half ago... I got bored reading this. I don't even know what this is.


Origin (Corpus #1) by Jessica Khoury

I was intrigued by this book...two years ago, and I'm just not interested in reading it anymore. It has some good reviews, but I've seen some quotes from as well... No, just no.

This is also a series. Gahh no.


Flight to Hollow Mountain by Marc Sebanc

Sooo this book was given to me by someone at some point. I never thought it sounded that good... But it also has NO REVIEWS WHATSOEVER. This book went out of print years ago, and it was supposed to be a series, but I guess this one never did well enough or something. I don't know.

It's also really long so no.


Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) by Veronica Rossi

Dystopian...got boring awhile ago. So did trilogies. I'm done with it. Go away.


The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chace and the Gods of Asgard #1) by Rick Riordan

I love this book, obviously, it's Rick Riordan, my friends. But I finally got a SIGNED COPY (hauled in the same post as linked above) of one of his books!! So I don't really need this...


Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #4) by Maggie Stiefvater

Basically the same story as both of the other books I now have signed copies of... But I hauled it here and not in that other post.

Plus my new one has a personalized drawing in it go me.


All the books. Byebye books! On the bright side of things, I have room on my shelf now. That's a plus. MORE BOOKS 0Except for this trying to save money thing....I'm sick of my hair being non-vibrant colors.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment