Sunday, December 13, 2015

First Blogiversary

Hello! So it's been a year. Ha. Ha. Wow. Alrighty then. Time for background info?

When I first decided I wanted to make a blog, I didn't really understand what a blog was. I'd never heard of Blogger or WordPress, and I didn't know what the difference was between a blog and a post. Before I created this blog, I was literally googling how to make a blog because I was a thirteen-year-old ignorant to the ways of the internet.

It took me awhile to figure out what the difference was between a blog and I post, luckily no one was reading anything I put on the internet back then so that's good.

My first post? Well, because I didn't quite realize there was more to blogging than book reviews, it was a review of Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. It's honestly a pretty terrible review that just shouts I have no idea what I'm doing right now so I don't suggest you read it. I usually forget it's there anyway, but I guess it's still a part of my blog's history.

I don't actually remember what the original name of my blog was, but my original URL was "koranikasgeekiness.blogspot.com". Ugh. *cringes* I don't even want to know what the name was. It's so bad whyyyyyyyyyy.

Then again, the fact that I settled on "A Geek with Books" really does say a lot, doesn't it?

I'm also not entirely sure what I meant by "A Geek with Books". WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN. GAHH.

I don't think there are many (if any) of you that saw my original design. If you thought the one I had I few months ago was bad, you should have seen this one. I hadn't quite realized I could change colors and fonts yet (wow, tiny me, good job), and I had a really boring default picture in the back...it was bad. Even how it was a few months ago was pretty bad.

I pretty much like how is now, but it still needs some work. (The header kills me.)

My posts were worse, though. Oh my god they were so so bad. It took me until, I don't know, March to get myself into a writing style I actually like. Before it was weird and awkward. (Is it even better..?)

Going through all my old posts just makes me want to hit myself in the face.

Throughout the last year, I've made quite a lot of ignorant mistakes and dumb decisions. I've been through times when I was so insecure I decided to just delete old posts and never posted others. I can't seem to tell myself that I'm actually good at anything, and I'm genuinely surprised every time I get a new follower. Which is kind of depressing, but I made it and ENTIRE YEAR.

Sure, I'm not a huge blog, and some people are significantly bigger and better than me after two months of blogging, but I'm proud of anyone who can go through an entire year of awkward and stupidness without giving up. I mean, some of my old posts have zero pageviews, yet I still kept writing. THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE ME AT ALL.

Also. For those of you that don't know, my parents don't know that I blog. At least, they've never brought it up. I kept that a secret for an entire year. Go me.

Well, okay. They did find out I have another email, and they do technically have access to it, but they said they wouldn't look at it sooooo do I believe them I'm not sure....

Anyway, thank you to all of you who read my posts and follow me and comment. I wish I could answer your comments because they're so nice and I have things to say but I can't because Blogger isn't letting me and it makes me very sad hurrah for run-on sentences. Let's hope I get that fixed.

Thanks for reading!

PS: Considering all my posts have continued to be a bunch of rambles and are barely edited even though I keep telling myself I'm going to make these more organized really says something about how much I've learned over the past year....

This post was painful and cringe worthy. Ughhhhhh.

4 comments:

  1. Happy one year blogging anniversary! It's such a big milestone! Wishing you the best, and for many more years to come! :D

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! *Passes over cake*.

    My parents know I have a blog - though I'm pretty sure they would KILL me if they knew I had a Twitter account. That's why I don't have any social media buttons on my blog XD

    Here's to many more years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake! My parents would be fine with both, I just don't..talk to them. Ever. Thanks!

      Delete