Monday, December 14, 2015

Discussion Question Monday: Getting Books for Christmas


Hello!! Welcome to Discussion Question Monday! Today's question is: Should we ask for books for Christmas (logically...)?

Obviously, if you're a book lover you're usually pretty easy to shop for. You can just tell your friends and family, "GET ME BOOKS!!!!!!!" Or, if you're incredibly picky like me, you make a specific list of all the books you would like to receive.

The problem is that these friends and family have seen my bookshelf. They know I've only read about three-fourths of the books on there (that's pretty much the actual number by the way), and the next logical response is usually, but you already have so many books. Pick something that's not book related!"

And people wonder why everything I own is Doctor Who themed.

I probably should ask for something besides books (or movies based on books...) once and awhile because my TBR pile is a little extreme (45ish books), BUT DO YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH HARDER THAT IS?!!??!?

iTunes gift cards, I tell them.

Not very creative, and it won't be fun to open! They respond.

(What am I even doing.)

I see all these posts about what to get a book lover for Christmas, and I tell them to just get me everything on that list. Then they shake their heads at me and buy me more Doctor Who things.

Asks for Doctor Who bookmarks.

*facepalm*

I realize that adding tens of books to my TBR pile in one day is most likely a bad idea, and sure, I have other interests, but I always want more books! Books are the go-to gift, and one that never disappoints.

If people say they don't want to go through the struggle and pain of accidently getting a book you already own, I say send them a picture of your bookshelf (or shelves in my case..) even if it takes several pictures and you're annoying them. It'll be worth it because you'll have more books.

Yes, I have had every conversation in this post.

Thanks for reading!

PS: I may or may not have my exams starting tomorrow. I wrote this instead of studying. I am a responsible person.

1 comment:

  1. I face this issue all the time, especially for my birthday! I tell everyone, "Get me books! Or a gift card! Or anything book related!" and they all look at me and say, "don't you have enough books?" or "How many books do you read?" or "Didn't we get you that last year?" Honestly, I want to face palm myself sometimes. But I'm so glad that I'm not the only person who has this issue! Book lovers like us need to stick together to deal with these annoying situations...
    Good luck on your exams! :)
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete