Monday, December 28, 2015

Discussion Question Monday: Book Hauls


Hello! Welcome to Discussion Question Monday! Today's question is: What do you think of book hauls?

Personally, I like book hauls. It's a way for me to show you what books might later appear on my blog, what books I might read soon, book reviews that may be coming up, etc. It also gives people a chance to tell ME what they thought of a certain book I bought, making me much more likely to pick it up sooner.

I also like reading/watching them. I hear about books that I can add to my TBR! It's all of the books you've read, so it gets some attention to some of the under-hyped books that maybe you don't want to post a review of because no one has read it. Therefore it's probably not going to get much traffic. Which would be sad and lonely.

I've always wondered if other people like book hauls as much as I do. Most bloggers I know of don't do them, so I'm curious as to why some people don't like them. I guess it might makes people upset that they can't afford that many books or whatever, but I still think there are more positives! Just me? Hmm.

Though I do only like them in moderation. I do seasonal book hauls because I just don't buy all that many books. Monthly is okay, but I would really rather have it be seasonal... Maybe I'm alone here, but I really don't like reading nothing but book hauls. It gets boring like anything else you do too much.

Honestly I'm not sure why so many people don't do book hauls. Do they not find them necessary? Do they think they're a waste of time? I don't know. So I decided to come here to ask you...

What do you think? Do you like book hauls? Do you participate in them yourself? Do you enjoy reading them? Do you find them unnecessary? Do you dislike them for whatever reason I can't come up with?!?!!? Please leave your thoughts in the comments!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post Skye! I also like book hauls, but I do think it is more about what books we read and not just what books we own or bought. Check out my giveaway! http://imlovingbooks.blogspot.nl/2015/12/review-fostered-and-christmas-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I just see book hauls as a kind of preview to what books someone will be talking about in the future, though I don't think they're necessary. :)

      Delete