Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Book Haul: Fall 2015

Hello! Two book hauls within the same week? (See: Other Book Haul But This One is Special Because They're ALL Signed) How fun. At least I got these in several trips inside of just the one binge....

1. Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

I absolutely LOVED this book. So beautiful inside and out <3 You can read my full review here.


2. Happily Ever After (Companion to the Selection Series) by Kiera Cass

I don't know why I keep buying these books. But I do.


3. The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1) by Rick Riordan

I'm actually really excited for the rest of this series... I keep meaning to do a review. It was good though. Almost made up for The Blood of Olympus. Almost. ALSO. This book was on my other book haul as well. But I got this one first and that one is SIGNED.


4. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness

I must read all the Patrick Ness books. All of them. Loved this one. He can do no wrong. (But the UK cover of this book is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the US one and it makes me sad.)


5. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

I didn't like this one nearly as much as his more recent books, but it's still crazy good nonetheless. And movie?!!?!?! I can't wait for that.


6. A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR #1) by Sarah J. Maas

Everyone's been raving about this book all year. MUST READ ASAP.


7. Dark Tide (Waterfire Saga #3) by Jennifer Donnelly

I read the first two books in this series earlier this year and enjoyed them quite a bit. The series is a little young for me, but the mermaid puns are amazing. It's like a Disney movie written in novel form.


8. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

The amount of hype surrounded this book. Just wow. My expectations are so high.


9. Hex Hall (Hex Hall #1) by Rachel Hawkins

Ah yes. I loved this one as well. Rachel Hawkins' books are hilarious and amazing and they make me happy. Just read it.


10. Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms #1) by Morgan Rhodes

I've heard many good things about this series. And wow I need a fantasy right now...


11. Looking For Alaska Special 10th Anniversary Edition by John Green

I'm almost done rereading this book and my god it's still just as good as it was the first time. I don't normally reread books, but I got this edition and decided it had been too long!! This book is my life source.


12. The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Steifvater

If you go back to my summer book haul (which you can read here), I bought Sinner by Maggie Steifvater again because it was signed and I wanted it. And basically, I ended up going back to the same Barnes & Noble and picking up this signed book as well. Because apparently it went unnoticed since I'd been there the first time.... Luckily I didn't already own this book!


13. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

I read about 20 pages of this book and I'm not sure I want to read more because I'm afraid I'm judging it way too harshly. Let's see how this goes....


14. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel

I loved the art style of this graphic novel, but I think a lot of the story from the original novel was lost. It seems like I think that about every graphic novel based on a book, though.


15. Diary of a Haunting by M. Verano

I WILL be doing a review on this soon. This book was honestly such a shock. It was much darker than I was expecting! I would compare the ending to...the ending of We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. It's THAT kind of shocking.


Okay. That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, until you add on the other book haul. Then it seems worse, but 15 books it NOT (that) bad for three months! That's five books a month. I've mostly read that many.

Thanks for reading! Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you got so many books! I'm so jealous! I've read quite a few of the books you've gotten, and a lot of the others ones you mentioned I want to read!
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO MANY BOOKS!!! I haven't read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children... I can't seem to find it anywhere! I really loved Finding Audrey, it kind of manages to be funny despite dealing with mental health issues - I think we definitely need more books like it! :)

    ReplyDelete