Saturday, December 26, 2015

2016 Sequels I Need + Other Anticipated Books


Wow. 2016. 2013 feels like yesterday whhyyyyyy.

Hello! I started (and continued) quite a few series this year. Here are the sequels I'm most looking forward to, as well as some other of my anticipated books for the new year (because who wants to make an entirely separate post?). Most of these are sequels anyway.

Sequels

The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #2) by Rick Riordan

I LOVED the first book. I mean, it was better than The Blood of Olympus, right? I'm excited for everything Rick Riordan writes, so this can't be too much of a surprise. Plus I like Magnus more than Percy. Please don't hit me. Also, I can't wait for the release of this coverrrr <3


Gemina (Illuminae #2) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

I adored Illuminae (it is within the top five books I read this year). I really can't wait to see where this series is going, and to read more of that format! AND THE TITLE WAS JUST RECENTLY RELEASED YAYYYY!! I love it just as much (if not more) than Illuminae. I'm too excited for this series.


Half Lost (Half Bad Trilogy #3) by Sally Green

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SERIES IS ALMOST OVER. I actually waited for the first book, and the second book, and now the third. I've followed this series all the way through and I can't wait to see how this story ends. But if Nathan ends up with Annalise I'm going to have to start punching things. THAT WOULD NOT BE OKAY.


Sea Spell (Waterfire Saga #4) by Jennifer Donnelly

I actually haven't finished the third book in this series yet...but I did love the first two. I wish more people read these! They're a little young (meant for 10-13 year olds approximately), but they do get darker as the series goes on. And I'm only on the third book. Who knows where this is going to go?? D:


The Crown (The Selection #5)

Gahh. Don't ask me why I keep buying these books. I just want to get this series over and done with. Then I'm going to punch myself in the face for not having the courage to give up on a series. Also this cover is creepy af.



Other Anticipated Books

Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) by Susan Dennard

This book has been getting TONS of love and praise, plus it's fantasy. That sounds like something I need to have in my hands.


The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1) by Rick Riordan

YASSSSSS More Percy Jackson AND this beautiful cover. I can't. I've put way to much money into these books.


Passenger by Alexandra Bracken

Everyone's talking about this. It had to be mentioned. It's not like I'm not going to buy it.


Thanks for reading! What are your most anticipated reads for 2016?



No comments:

Post a Comment