Sunday, November 1, 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015

Hello! If you don't already know, this month is NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. It's is a month-long event in which thousands of writers try to write 50,000 words in just the month of November. Because apparently it's November already and I don't know what to do with myself. I've seen quite a bit of talk about it in the last few days, and I wanted to talk about my experience with it.

The last time I participated in NaNoWriMo was 2 years ago, when I failed miserably. I wrote about 10,000 words in that month, which isn't bad, but it's not at all the goal of 50,000 words.

I didn't participate last year because I didn't want to fail again. This year, I've decided to, um, half participate?

It seems most of my problem two years ago was school, and the fact that I couldn't realistically bring my laptop in and write. So this year I have decided to mainly write in notebooks that I can take into school. While this won't count words and I won't be "officially participating", I think it's still better than writing nothing at all.

If you were planning on not doing NaNoWriMo because of a busy schedule (or if you just figured out about it's existence), I would suggest at least writing more this month, even if it's not all for the same book or doesn't reach 50,000. Writing anything is better than nothing (a word that is the perfect description of how much I've written in the past few months)!

Will you be participating in NaNoWriMo? Or at least writing more this month?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment