Monday, November 2, 2015

Discussion Question Monday: Will Physical Books Ever Die Out?


Hello! Welcome to Discussion Question Monday! Today's question is: Will the physical book ever truly die out?

It seems many people have accepted the e-readers and e-books as the new form of reading. However, many book lovers out there have backlashed against this new form of book, because even with its benefits, a good amount of people seem to prefer the physical book.

But will the physical book ever truly die out? Will it ever go away entirely? I mean, obviously it's going to die eventually when the world ends or whatever, but I mean in the near future.

Would you ever give up your physical books? Your physical bookshelf? Could you?

Personally, I like reading physical books better. I realize it's more expensive and not at all practical, but I really just enjoy the experience more than I do with an e-book.

I think it's possible physical books will become a thing of the past. I'd rather they not though. This might sound incredibly obsessive, but I want to read actual books and use a bookmark and cover entire walls with books. And I think there are enough people out there that are the exact same way that it might take awhile for the physical book to die. Because as much as it saddens me, I really think that will happen someday.

Just not as long as I live and continue to give thousands of dollars to bookstores because BOOKS.

Thanks for reading! Please leave me your thoughts on this topic below!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you. I love physical books over digital books. They just don't seem "real" to me, and the experience is never as satisfying as a physical book. It saddens me to know that there's a chance that books might die out, but as long as I live, I'd like to continue to buy books and support bookstores with physical copies!
    Great discussion ;)
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete