Monday, November 16, 2015

Discussion Question Monday: Signed Books


Hello! Welcome to Discussion Question Monday! Today's question is: Why do we all loved signed books?

I have an obsession with signed books. Not necessarily actually meeting an author and getting a book personalized to me, but even having a book with ink scribbles in it by some author I've only heard of in passing is enough to make me buy a book.

On Black Friday, Barnes & Noble is having its annual Signed Editions event. And I'm pretty much planning on buying all of the books.

A lot of the books I plan on buying are from authors I've never even read before. Yet I need them because they're signed and that makes them special and I need them.

I'm not sure where this obsession came about. But I have noticed recently that I've been going out of my way to get signed books from authors I haven't read, or even don't like the work of.

I'm hoping I'm not the only person out there with this problem. Signed books, to me, are limited edition and special. If I don't buy them now, who's to say I will ever be able to get one?

This is also why there are several books on my shelf that I actually have two of. I just haven't managed to get rid of the old one.

Please comment if you also experience this....

Thanks for reading!

PS: But really. Talk about first world problems. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment