Saturday, November 28, 2015

Barnes & Noble 2nd Annual Signed Editions Black Friday Books Event Thing Book Haul Yup

Hello! I didn't know how to title this, as I really don't know what this event is called. Basically, there was a ton of books signed by "acclaimed authors". In other words, authors I've actually read the work of (I ended this sentence with a preposition I'm sorry).

There were signed books from authors like Rick Riordan, Brandon Sanderson, and John Green (people in my top ten favorite authors) just SITTING THERE FOR THE TAKING. There were also other people like Gayle Forman and Marissa Meyer, but I didn't really care about them so sorry.

Like any normal person I woke up around 6:30am to get to my local Barnes & Noble before eight (when they opened). I went through Black Friday traffic (no, I can't drive, but other people drove me) on a pretty busy road anyway for these books. And I did end up getting everything I wanted for the lovely reason of book nerds are not a violent group of people that are more into joking about the people freaking out about the deals at Target across the street than fighting over a copy of Winter.

Anyway, here are the books I purchased. I only spent like.... $160. That's not even that bad, right? Where do I even get this money seriously.

1. Soundless by Richelle Mead

Everyone loves this author, and the synopsis sounds amazing. I really think this book is going to take off. Well, okay, I HOPE it does because it sounds so good!


2. The Amazing Book is Not on Fire by Dan Howell and Phil Lester

Don't judge me. Shhhhhh. I'm into a lot of things, okay?


3. A Work in Progress by Conner Franta

I already own this book, but you know what? I needed another one.


4. Paper Towns by John Green

I only own the paper back, the e-book, and this signed hardcover. STOP TELLING ME I HAVE A PROBLEM.


5. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

I  just thought it was time to finally read this book! At least I don't already own it.


6. Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

Well... I do already own this book. BUT. This version is actually the only time I've ever seen this version of the cover in hardback. I.e., it matches the second one now!


7. Really Professional Internet Person by Jenn McAllister

I bought so many YouTuber books I'm sorry. I not sure why I bought this one, though, I don't even watch her. :P

8. The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan

I spent about ten minutes staring at this book debating with myself over whether I should buy this book again. Like, you know you shouldn't buy this book again. It's another 20 dollars down the drain for WHAT? A silly scribble of Sharpie on a page. Then my inner fangirl was just like, buy the book buy the book why is this taking you so long? buy the book. And then I bought it.


I'm glad that's all I bought. In addition, I was also debating over whether getting ACOTAR again, Carry On again, etc. I didn't get them because I haven't even read the copies I OWN.

I have a problem with signed books. (See: Discussion Question Monday: Why do I love signed books?) I buy them because they're signed and special and they make me happy. So I buy a lot of them....

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), I have YET ANOTHER regularly scheduled book haul coming in the next couple of weeks. Ha. Ha. I have a problem I know.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. "Book nerds are not a violent group of people" <---love this part! We book nerds are a) friendly b) understand one another's love for specific books c) have a tendency to fangirl instead of getting aggressive. You're so lucky you got all those signed books! What I would give to get a signed book by Rick Riordan. And no worries, no one's judging you got having different copies of the same book! That's how you prove your undying love for certain books :)
    Great Black Friday book haul! I'm looking forward to your next one :)
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got such amazing book picks! I wish I could go on a book shopping again but I'm taking my book-buying ban seriously this time. Lol! Happy reading, Skye! xx

    Fiona | A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. STEELHEART!!! I love that book and can't wait for you to finish it! Tell me how A Work In Progress goes, because I'm debating whether to read it or not. I also mentioned you in my blog post "5 bloggers I absolutely love!"

    ReplyDelete