Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Sequels I Haven't Read Yet


Hello! This is just going to be a list of books that I've read one or more of the books for, but I haven't read all of the books or all of the books that are currently out.

These are just the books I own the sequels for. Does this make any sense? It's amazing how many of these I have.

Firefight (The Reckoners #2) by Brandon Sanderson

I loved Steelheart, and I got Firefight within a week of its release date (which was, like, January or something), but never actually read it.



Never Fade (The Darkest Minds #2) by Alexandra Bracken

I read the Darkest Minds...twoish years ago. Around the time Never Fade came out. I purchased it! And it's been collecting dust on my shelf ever since.



Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer

I read Cinder, and I was kind of iffy about it (predictability annoys me). When everyone started raving about it a year or so later, I bought Scarlet. I've never been too excited to read it.



Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver

If you've been in the world of bookish internet as long as I have (even before I had this blog, yes), you may remember the raving of every booky internet person ever when Requiem came out. I read Delirium around that time, and never got much farther.



Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's #2) by Ransom Riggs

I should probably read this at some point considering the last book just came out (or is about to come out....?). Honestly, though, I'm not sure I can stand Emma and Whatshisface's romance again.



The Geography of You and Me (This is What Happy Looks Like #2) by Jennifer E. Smith

I'm not often in the mood for cutesy-contemporary. I think I liked the last book though... Why do I keep getting this confused with My Life Next Door? THESE THINGS ARE ALL THE SAME.



Wow...that's it? There's quite a few, but I really thought this list would go on indefinitely.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that never seems to read sequels?

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I have a list of sequels I haven't read yet, too! I bought them all when they came out, and was super excited to read them, but somewhere along the line they ended up just sitting there. I don't know why I can't seem to get myself excited about them like I was when I first bought them! It drives me crazy. I must be a weird person like that!
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete