Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My Favorite Words

Hello! I don't know if it's just me, but I have a lot of words that I just kind of love for no reason. I just think they're pretty! Here are some of those words.

Hiatus

A little random, I know. I hope I'm not alone. Or this would be weird.

Homeostasis

Maybe it's just words that start with h? This one is defiantly the only good thing about biology, though.

Aurora

I try to fit this word into everyday conversations. It's difficult, and strange, but it's worth it.

Inevitable

This is another one of those words that I try to say just about every thirty seconds. I love these words. I really do.

Evanescence

I know there's a band. I'm not talking about the band. Beautiful word.

Esquirla

Before you get confused, this word is Spanish. I had hoped this word meant squirrel, but apparently it means splinter.....

Boulevard

We should never have another street, avenue, or road. Only boulevards.

I'm not alone in obsessing over words, am I? I really wish these words could be used more often (well at least by English speakers, I don't know how often Spanish-speaking people use the word for splinter), life would be so much better!

Do any of you have words that you really love for not much reason?

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post! I now know that I am not the only one who has weird obsessions with words... For some reason I like the word 'plunge', and 'discombobulated'. Beautiful words...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! :) I think a lot of people have obsessions with certain words, so it's not completely weird. I forgot about discombobulated! Love that word!

      Delete