Saturday, September 5, 2015

Book Haul: Summer 2015

Hello! I'm kind of afraid to know the amount of books I've purchased in the last few months. Haven't counted them yet. I'm almost positive it's going to be bigger than my spring book haul. Let's see.

Also, I became a member of Barnes & Noble last week (I don't know why it took me so long, honestly), and I don't think that's going to help my ever growing TBR. 40% off hardcover bestsellers? That's a pretty major portion of my bookshelf....

1. Tease by Amanda Maciel

I didn't like this book. Here's my review.



2. Proxy by Alex London

I did like this book. I've been meaning to review it. SOON I PROMISE.



3. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan- The Graphic Novel

These are okay... You miss a lot if you haven't read the book. But it is a great refresher if you don't feel like rereading the entire book, or you just want to boost your Goodreads challenge a bit...



4. The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan- The Graphic Novel

I think I may just buy them because they're pretty and Rick Riordan's name is on them.



5. Rook by Sharon Cameron

I think I got this book because the cover looks cool. No idea what it's about.



6. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

This book is ALSO beautiful, but at least I know what this one is about. We're making progress!



7. Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan

I think I like this one even better than Greek Gods.... More Percy is always better, though.



8. The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

I love Brandon Sanderson, and I'm ashamed to have not read this series by now. Eventually, I'll probably buy the UK edition of this series, because those covers are just better. As for right now, that sounds expensive and difficult.



9. Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle

If only this book had been better. But it wasn't. My review.



10. Sinner by Maggie Steifvater

I actually already own this book, but then Maggie Steifvater tweeted that she left a signed copy in a Barnes & Noble kinda sorta near me. So I went out. And bought it. Again. And now there are two.



11. Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid

This is basically a John Green book, but much much worse. I haven't even finished it and I already hate it....



I think that's all? Is it bad that I'm not sure? Anyway, that was three books more than last time. Five if you exclude summer reading books. Which does sound like that big of a difference, but I mean, there are only eleven now.

There was also quite a few Egyptology textbooks that were bought (because why not....), but this is a blog where I desperately attempt not to bore you, so we're just going to skip over those.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments: