Tuesday, August 4, 2015

BOOKTUBEATHON UPDATE- Day 1

Why hello there! It's midnight and I'm tired. So it is officially the end of day one of BookTubeAThon for me, and I've got to say I read a lot of books.

1. The Fairy's Mistake by Gail Carson Levine

This is actually a reread for me, and I swear it's even better every time I read it. I'd also like to point out that I finished this book around 8 in the morning and I felt very accomplished. (Even if it is only 85ish pages...)

2. The Undesirable by S. Celi

I loved S. Celi's other book, Prince Charming, but this one was just...no. It was basically a mix of The Hunger Games, Divergent, and World War II, but set in the near future. There was just nothing unique about it. AT ALL. I felt like I was reading the other books all over again.... Even the love interest was a mixture of Four and Peeta! I really expected more from this book. Anyway, Prince Charming was still AMAZING and you should still check it out even if this one didn't do it for me. :)

3. Tease by Amanda Maciel

So I know this wasn't on my TBR, but I was about half-way through it when the BookTubeAThon started, so I decided, why not??!?!?? So read a little more than a hundred more pages today. Now I have about a hundred pages left, and I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow.

Also, I kind of hate this book. But for the first time in my life, I hate the morals. I completely disagree with this book in so many different ways. Which wouldn't have been all that bad, but I thought this book was going to be CONTROVERSIAL, and it wasn't. At all. This book has the same lessons and the same shit (I don't curse a lot I'm surprised with myself right now, kinda angry) that everyone else thinks. It isn't original in any way! Okay I'm going to go write a review now. I'm not actually done with it, but I read the last few pages (I know, I'm bad) and the author's note and I feel like I get the full gist of the book. So yeah.

Ummm. So that got a little intense for a second. Sorry? Anyway, how's your BookTubeAThon going? Mine's going great if I do say so myself (if you ignore the angry cursing....)!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment