Thursday, July 30, 2015

BOOKTUBE-A-THON TBR


Hello! Now I know I'm not a BookTuber, but I like readathons and I really need to read books... And this is also the first BookTubeAThon (Out of three!??) that I'm going to be home and available to read at least the majority of the week.

If you don't know what the BookTubeAThon is, here is their YouTube channel that explains everything.

So there are 7 challenges that you can attempt to do during the week (August 3rd to August 9th). I'm going to just go through the challenges and tell you what book I'm reading for what challenges.

1. Read a book with blue on the cover

For this challenge I'm reading Promise of Shadows by Justina Ireland, which I've had for forever and have never read for whatever reason.


2. Read a book by an author that shares the same first letter of your last name

I'm going to use my pseudonym for this one (though there aren't actually any books on my shelf that go with my real name, so I didn't exactly have a choice), and that starts with a C. I'm going to be reading The Undesirable by S. Celi. By the way, I absolutely love this author. A lot.


3. Read someone else's favorite book

I'm going to be reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, because these are everyone's favorite books and I still can't believe I haven't read this series.


4. Read the last book you acquired

Well the last book I got was for my birthday, so that would be A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. Also, the cover here does not do this book justice, it's so much better in real life!

5. Finish a book without letting go of it

I'm expecting this to be a lot of fun, or torture. But I'm going to read The Fairy's Mistake by Gail Carson Levine because it's only like 90 pages and basically is my childhood.


6. Read a book you really want to read

I want to read this book because I don't want it to sit on my shelf anymore having not been read, I also want a good reason to complain about this series, because I hate it. Champion by Marie Lu.


7. Read seven books

I've had this book on my shelf since I was, like, ten. I THINK IT'S TIME. Sister Light, Sister Dark by Jane Yolen. I would also like to mention that this book is in terrific condition considering it's twenty-fiveish years old.


Now whether I'll actually read all of these or not is a complete mystery. I'M HOPING I DON'T FAIL. Are any of you planning on participating in the BookTubeAThon?

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you participating in the booktube-a-thon! I really wanted to participate but unfortunately it is not summer where I live so I am way too busy! :(

    Anyways I tagged you to do the 'I mustache ask you some questions' tag.

    http://just--that--girl.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/i-mustache-you-some-questions-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've really been wanting to do this tag, and now I have a great excuse!
      Sorry you couldn't participate :( But I think they usually do one near Christmas as well?

      Delete