Saturday, June 13, 2015

How I Organize My Bookshelf!

Hello! I've been on here for awhile, and never did any kind of organization bookshelfy post. So this is pretty much how I organize my books:

  1. I have two bookshelves, one for hardcovers and one for paperbacks.
  2. They are then separated by height.
  3. Then organized by genre.
  4. And in alphabetical order by author's last name.
  5. And of course series are put together in order, alphabetically if there is more than one series by an author.

This might seem kind of hard to keep up, but it really isn't since I know where all my books go..... You know, by memory.

I know there are some people that organize them just alphabetically, but then there are tall books next to short books and that's just not okay.

There are people that just stuff everything randomly, but then it looks like a cluttered mess.

Some sort into books they have read and their TBR, but then series are separated and that makes them lonely. :(

A few organize by color, but that's just wrong if you have it like that for more than a few days.

Others just fit books in a way where they look pretty, but then fantasy is next to contemporary and why would you ever want that????

So how do you guys organize your books? Even if you have an e-reader you can still sort by author or title or whatever. I'm hoping I'm not the only one that goes all out...

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I used to organize them alphabetically, but have since outgrown my bookshelf, so it's a little hard. I'm trying to roughly organize them, but they just seem to pile up. It will be easier when I get some new bookshelves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always get rid of some books you didn't like or finish.... Or make a never ending pile of books next to your bookshelf :)

      Delete