Monday, June 29, 2015

Discussion Question Monday: Reading More Than One Book


Hello! It's Monday. Again. You know once I started doing this the Mondays just kept coming so fast.... ANYWAY. This Monday's question is: *DRUMROLL* Is reading more than one book at a time better or worse than reading just one?

That was more exciting than it had to be. Okay.....

So I'm sure I'm not the only one whose tried to read several books at one time. For some people (like me) this works fine, but for others, they get story lines mixed up and everything explodes.

Does reading more than one book mean we're in a reading slump? Does it make us read slower? Do we ever finish books? Should we just stick to one book?

I mean, I guess it depends on the person, but is it common? Does it really provide any benefit? Should those of us that do stop? Or should we encourage others?

So how many of you out there actually read more than one book at a time on a regular basis? Does it make reading worse? Is it confusing? Unenjoyable? Or more enjoyable?

I honestly think that if you are reading more than one book, you should make them be very different. Don't read two John Green books at a time. Just don't. Other than that, if it works for you, I don't really care, but I have to admit, I try not to. I like finishing books. Reading more than one book at a time makes that a lot less frequent.

Do you like finishing books, or just reading in general? Would you rather read only one book and finish it, or read hundreds of books but never be able to finish any of them?

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, I find it impossible to read more than one book at once. Currently, I'm reading Of Mice and Men for school, and I struggle to flick between that and David Levithan. And let's face it - they aren't even remotely similar.
    Whenever I read more books than one, somehow I always manage to forget about one and end up just reading the other, before stumbling upon it again months later. Anyway, finishing a book, to me, is the best part (apart from Rick Riordan's The Blood of Olympus - finishing that just made me sick...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... The Blood of Olympus was....painful. Ugh.

      Though honestly I never had much trouble keeping different books straight in my head. As long as they're different enough, they are kept in completely separate sides of my brain. And I seem to love being in the middle of books, though I'm not really sure why...?

      Delete