Monday, May 18, 2015

Discussion Question Monday: Love Triangles or Insta-Love?? (1)


Hello hello hello! I've decided to start a new.....something or another...... What are these things called?? IDK. Anyway, if you haven't noticed, I seem to have a thing for discussion questions. So much so that I decided to make them weekly.

Oh and do you guys like my picturey (don't know what things are called....) thingy? I made it myself and I'm trying to decided if I like it or not. I might go through a few of these....

For our kick-off Discussion Question Monday question, I've decided to talk about love, and with books, there are sometimes issues with this.

We all have complained about love triangles or insta-love or something of the sort at some point in our lives, but now I would like to ask you: which one is worse? If there HAD to one or the other in a book, which would bother you the least?

Which Is Worse: Love Triangles or Insta-Love?

Personally, I'd much rather have a love triangle. They are WAY more realistic, and while they are annoying, at least they make sense.

You know what? I'm making a pros and cons list.

Love Triangles:

Pros:
  • happens in real life (at least to some people)
Cons:
  • annoying
  • causes an amazing amount of arguing
  • "teams", just in general
  • reading characters go back and forth for several novels
  • character annoys us with their not-being-able-to-have-a-steady-relationshipness

Insta-Love:

Pros:
  • It doesn't take eight-million years for a ship to get together
Cons:
  • totally unrealistic
  • causes readers to think that's how love works
  • is annoying when you have to try and forget about it while doing a school project on a book your teacher loves
  • teaches readers to base their feelings off of attractiveness
  • makes the authors look like an idiot

To me, the answer is obvious. INSTA-LOVE IS HORRIBLE!!! Do any of you guys agree? Or disagree? Any pros or cons I missed? Tell me in the comments! (BTW this is supposed to be a discussion so if you don't leave a comment you are completely ruining the purpose of this post. COMMENT!)

Thanks for reading! Hopefully I'll post another discussion like this next Monday (but I don't trust myself to promise anything)! Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment