Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Series I Bought, But Don't Want To Read/Finish

Heya!! I thought I'd get back into more bookish things, and since I haven't complained in a while, I thought I would in this post.

There are a lot of series on my shelves. Some of them I bought, then read the first book (or the first paragraph), and decided I didn't really want to read them. This doesn't necessarily mean they're bad books, but they were just not my cup of tea. At all.

The Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie

I loved the first book in this trilogy, Ally Condie's writing is AMAZING. I love it. The problem was that the "love interest" was one of the most dull and uninteresting character I've ever read about. Then the second book was half in his POV, and I was just, like, nope, nope, nope.

The Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner

I know it says I'm still currently reading this book, but I've pretty much giving up. It may get more interesting later in the book, but the beginning is SO SLOW. The one time I'm just going to watch the movie.....

The Teardrop Trilogy by Lauren Kate

I read MAYBE 20 pages of this, and was so bored I just gave up. Honestly, I wanted to be one of those rare people who like Lauren Kate (she also wrote Fallen).......

The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu

Okay, so a ton of people are going to get on me about this now. I read Legend and Prodigy, but June was just so obnoxious. I can't stand her!!! She's supposed to be super duper smart and stuff, but the way that part of her is played up (I don't need to know the exact demensions of every room), is just so annoying. One character ruined an entire series.....

This one is a sorta kinda one:

Th Lunar Chronicles by Marrisa Meyer

PLEASE DONT YELL AT ME!!! I might actually end up finishing this one, but if I do, it probably won't be soon. I liked Cinder, but was iffy on the charcters, hated the predictability, and I'm not exactly a huge sci-fi fan. I've been told it gets better, but I'm just...uggmmmmhhhh. Possibly....

That's it!! Go ahead, tell me how I "need to read this series because it's SO GOOD!!!". I probably won't listen, unless you actually make some good points (good luck). Thanks for reading, adiĆ³s, hasta la vista, hasta luego, hasta, hasta, you get the point. Bye.

Maybe I should get rid of some of these......

2 comments:

  1. If you didn't enjoy Cinder, then you won't enjoy the rest of the Lunar Chronicles. I think a lot of people expected it to be a fantasy/SF cross-over type series, but to me it's straight up SF. Basing the characters/personalities/names and book covers on fairy tales doesn't make it a fantasy series, but it does make the story have more predictability than usual.

    If a series lasts long enough, I will drop out. Quality drops or that annoying character just won't die. Something always send me off to explore new options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually super helpful! I already bought Scarlet, so I might read that one, because some people say it gets better.

      I don't usually like quitting series, but sometimes I will if there's just too many books, and they're not all the great......

      Delete