Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tears & Books

Hey! So believe it or not, I'm not very emotional while reading books. Some people are bawling, while I am just like, "Yep, sad bit. Look another one!" Um. Yeah. Anyway, I thought I would tell you some of the books that HAVE manage to make the uncriable (I invented a word just then.) cry. Which is very impressive. By the way, this does not effect my rating of a book. I hated some of these books, and loved other ones.

Without father adieu (or maybe it's ado, I'm not really sure), here are my cry worthy (at least at some point) books, ENJOY!!!

1. Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix:

Personally, I really didn't like this book. But the ending, while being obvious from the beginning, still made me cry. I remember sitting in my room, bawling my eyes out at 2 in the morning. That was an entire bookshelf ago!! If I read it now, I would probably be fine, but 10-year-old me was not ready for this.

2. Forever by Maggie Steifvater:

I feel kind of embarrassed to have cried during this book. It's not even that great (yet I read the entire series, I have a problem), but I still cried!! Um. No. *****KINDA SORTA SPOILER*****: You can not "kill off" the only good character in this entire book. I was going to kill Maggie Steifvater for making me believe he was dead.... GAHHHH.

3. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell:

If you've ever read this book (and you totally should), you know what I'm taking about. The entire book is just one depressing thing after another. People die, people get left behind, and people get attacked by wolves. Seriously, I love this book, but read it when you're in a good mood.

4. The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan:

I might have just been crying because the ending was so disappointing. But if you've read the book, you know who "dies" and when fantastical characters "die" they make me cry. **TINY SPOILER** And then you bring them back and I want to murder you.


So yeah, that's it. Of the books I remember crying during anyway. Please tell me if you aren't that emotionally invested in books! Seriously, I need a friend! Anyway, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment