Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Paper Towns By John Green Book Review


Average Rating: 4.03 Stars
My Rating: 5 STARS
Cover Rating: 5 STARS (How is this book so perfect? I love the 3D in this BTW)

Summary:

Who is the real Margo?

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks a window and climbs into his life-dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge-he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystrey. But Q soon learns that there are clues-and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.

Review:

I honestly can't believe I'm rating this book 5 stars. For the past half-hour, I've been thinking super hard on what I didn't like about it. I couldn't think of anything. I kept thinking, I must have something!! Normally, I never rate books 5 stars. There's always something that annoys me about a book. Even The Fault in our Stars had a fault (I'm hoping I'll never write anything like that again.)!! But no, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't do it.

This book is AMAZING. The characters, especially Margo, were really complex, and it was a relief, because most book characters are not. The minor charcters were not as complex, but I didn't nessessarily expect them to be, and it wouldn't be important to the story if they were.

It was hilarious, like every John Green book is, and I think that's why I love them. AND THE METAPHORS!!!! I know the metaphors get on some people's nerves, but I really love them. The quotability of this book is fantastic!! (I like quotable books.)

The only little thing with this book is that no real teenager would say these things. When I read John Green books, though, I don't nessessarily think of them as realistic fiction, because most of them are not exactly realistic. But it is nice to pretend like they are. I wish every real person was like this, with the metaphors and brilliant ideas, and even though they're not, it's nice to think that way.

Anyway, I loved this book, and it's now probably my favorite John Green book so far (This is out of The Fault in our Stars, Looking for Alaska, and Paper Towns)!! I cannot wait for the movie to come out, even though the release date was moved to July 24th. Which would have made me mad, but July 25th is my birthday and now this will be the best birthday weekend EVER!

Recommend?:

YES. If you ever read any John Green book, it should be this one. Some people don't like the metaphors very much, so if you don't then I guess I don't recommend any John Green book. If you liked any of his other books, you'll like this one too!

Thanks for reading! Post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment