Sunday, March 1, 2015

Characters I Really Don't Like

Heya!! So I've been realizing that I seem to have problems with a lot of book characters lately, and I thought I would share some of them with you guys. Feel free to comment if you agree, disagree, whatever! Okay, babble babble, let's do this.

**BTW just because I don't like these characters doesn't mean I don't like the books!! Some of these are actually my favorite series!!**

June from Legend by Marie Lu:

Gahh. Am I the only one who just couldn't stand June? She kind of ruined the entire series for me. I just thought she was the most annoying character ever!! You can be smart without me having to roll my eyes!!!

Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth:

I know, I know. How could I not like Four? HE'S SO HOT. I don't really hate Four as much as I just don't care about him. If he died, I wouldn't care. I thought he was boring, and as I said a few posts back, I'm not into hot guys anyway. The problem with Four is that I think I was supposed to like him, but he was just so flat and uninteresting (This might become repetitive in a bit).

America from The Selection by Kiera Cass:

Finally someone people will agree with!! I don't think I really have to explain my self much... America is annoying, and kind of stupid at times. The One was actually much less annoying than the previous two novels, but still, not by much. It's not like Aspen is a likable character.

Peeta from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins:

Before you get on me, I didn't like Gale either. I think I would have liked The Hunger Games much better if it was one of those rare YA books without a romance. Nobody in Katniss's life was all that great...

Adam from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi:

Um, yeah. I didn't like Adam from the start, he was just too, clingy? Is that the right word? It was like, he was too in love to have a life outside of Juliette. I think that might have been the entire point though.

Aspen from The Selection by Kiera Cass:

I feel like I had to put two clingy characters right next to one another. I think both Aspen and Adam are pretty much the same person. They are both trying to feed their families, and have a relationship with some girl. Then they both get dumped. I hope that didn't spoil you much.

Ky from Matched by Ally Condie:

Okay please tell me I'm not the only one. Ky was the most boring love interest ever. Apparently you are a rebel because you draw in the ground. Seriously though, Xander was SO much better!!! Again, flat character, I don't care what happens to you, and you have no life outside of your relationship!

Well. That was it, though I could probably come up with more if I really tried. Tell me your thoughts!! I guess the main purpose of this was to tell authors that characters need to have lives outside their girlfriends. And maybe actually be an interesting, lifelike person. Also, if you like some of these characters, I would honestly like to know why? Anyway, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Peeta from Hunger Games. He bugs me in all three of the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I totally agree. The entire series would have been so much better if she'd just left romance out of it!

      Delete