Tuesday, March 24, 2015

6 Tips To Reduce Your TBR!

I'm not one to say I have my TBR pile under control. Which is weird because I lie quite a bit. Actually, I just did a recent count and found that I have read about two-thirds of the books of my shelf. That's....sad. Why do book lovers buy so many books? Because they're pretty, they smell good, to read, because of reviews, hype, etc. Anyway, I thought I'd give you guys some tips on how to keep your TBR down, and maybe I'd give myself some motivation! So yeah, ENJOY OR SOMETHING.

1. Read-to-Buy Ratio

I've seen this done a few times, and it seems to work for a lot of people. It's simple, all you have to do is set yourself a goal to read so many books before purchasing another. I feel this works best when there's a highly anticipated book on the way!

2. Put Stuff On Your Bookshelf

Personally, this is what I do. I decide I want this owl sculpture (there's really three on there) on my shelf. I DON'T ALLOW MY SELF TO TAKE IT OFF. If you're like me, and you want your shelves to stay pretty, you'll stop buying books so you can fit your owl sculptures.

3. Make a List of All Your Unread Books

This, hopefully, will make you aware of how many books you still have yet to read. If you have an entire page of unread books, it may make you feel motivated to keep reading!

4. Stop Writing!

I don't know if it's just me, but when I am really focused on writing I just can't seem to pick up a book. If you really want to set a time to super-read through all of your TBR pile, I suggest putting of writing for a bit.

5. Set a Certain Amount of Book Buying Money

This REALLY helps me. If you split up what you earn into piles, one for books and one for everything else (which, if you're super duper organized, you may split up farther) then you're less likely to buy a ton of books. Though I do suggest not putting too much money in your book buying pile!

6. Readathons!

No readathon has ever help me personally, but I know they help a lot of people get their TBR pile down. Especially when they're motivated by either internet friends or real life friends! So join a readathon today! Now I'm a bad commercial!


That's all my tips! I hope you can use some of them in your day-to-day life to help get down that insane TBR pile. Also, I was thinking of hosting a bit of a readathon of my own soon to get down mine, so look out for that! Thanks for reading! Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment