Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Reader Problems Tag

So I saw and stole this from Angelica at Life is Reading and TV (http://angelica-2009.blogspot.com). This just looks like such a fun tag!! I wasn't like tagged...but whatever. Anyway, I have reader problems, let's do this.

You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

Umm... Cry?? Jk.. I'd probably look on Goodreads for ideas. Or get one massive TBR jar and pull a book out of that.

You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you quit or commit?

This is a confusing question. What I'll probably do is put it down for awhile then come back to it when I have extra time. I really don't like fulling quiting books because then it's hard to complete my reading challenge!!

The end of the year is coming up and you're so close, but so far away from your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up? If so, how?

I've never actually been in this situation, but I guess I would try to catch up. Since I have winter break at the very end of the year I could probably manage!

The covers of a series you love DO NOT MATCH. How do you cope?

I can't cope!! I cry and cry and cry. Usually I just buy them on kindle instead because they're less and they don't have to match!! That still makes me sad, though, because I want them on my shelf!!

Everyone and their mother love a book you do not like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?

This is why Goodreads was created!! I can usually find someone in there somewhere that didn't like the book!

You're reading a book and you're about to start crying in public. How do you deal with it?

Um. Yeah. I cry a lot, I'm pretty sure no one will care. Plus, I have long hair for this exact reason.

A sequel to a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a lot about the previous novel. Will you reread the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?

None of the above!! I never really forget books, so I don't often reread them. My memory is too amazing for this question!!!!!!

Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the past month. How do you get out of your reading slump?

Usually I get into reading slumps after reading classics, or after reading a book for school I had to do an essay/report on. So I usually go to a sequel of a book I already read and loved, because I know I like the world and the author, so I'll probably like the next book. Also, no essays for awhile.

There are so many books coming out that you're dying to read. How many do you actually buy.

Unlike some other readers, I usually have one big book haul around Christmas, and then don't bye many books throughout the rest of the year. Probably one every couple of months, depending on when anticipated books are coming out!

After buying all the books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you read them?

I'm all over the place on this one. Some of them have been sitting there for years, others, a few 
weeks. My most anticipated books are usually started right away, but if I got them for Christmas or something they're probably going to be there for at least a few months, maybe longer.

Well that was...fun. Kind of painful to think about, but defiantly relatable. If you want, you should 
totally do this tag!! It sorta helps come up with reading resolutions... Whatever. Thanks for reading!!! Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment