Sunday, February 8, 2015

Jupiter Accending- Movie Review

Gahh my failing..... Long time no see, huh?? Sorry!! Anyway, if you were interested in seeing the newly released Jupitter Accending, here are my thoughts:
Summary (Taken from the official Jupiter Accending website): Jupiter Jones was born under a night sky, with signs predicting that she was destined for great things. Now grown, Jupiter dreams of the stars but wakes up to the cold reality of a job cleaning toilets and an endless run of bad breaks. Only when Caine, a genetically engineered ex-military hunter, arrives on Earth to track her down does Jupiter begin to glimpse the fate that has been waiting for her all along - her genetic signature marks her as next in line for an extraordinary inheritance that could alter the balance of the cosmos.

My Rating: 4/5 stars

Review: So basically, my dad adores science fiction movies/books. I was, to a certain extent, forced to see this movie last Friday. Never have I been a huge sci-fy fan, but this movie was certainly better than I was expecting. Since the critics hated it, I was pretty much sure to love it. Contrary to the belief of most movie critics, this movie did actually have a decent plot. In the spirit of The Matrix, Jupiter Accending had a lot of explanations. Why the dinosaurs went extinct and whatnot. Which, granted, is something I usually enjoy. Honestly, the only reason I gave it four stars is because, like most action movies, it had those long, drawn-out battle scenes I can't stand. They just get so boring after awhile. There's also the whole, no real-life fight lasts this long. You hit a guy with a metal rod, they're down and they're jaw's halfway across the room. Anyway, non-realistic battle scenes make me angry, for a sci-fy movie it was okay. I'm probably not the prime audience though.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully I'll start posting more often, but I seriously doubt it...

No comments:

Post a Comment