Thursday, January 22, 2015

Bookish Pet Peeves That Make Me Want to Sceam

Wow... It's been forever. I'm trying to get back into a normal blogging schedule and it just isn't working... Hopefully I will soon be posting more often!

Anyways, I've seen a bunch of booktubers and bloggers doing videos/blogs about their bookish pet peeves. Due to some extreme OCD issues, I have a fair amount of pet peeves in every area of life. Maybe, if I put them online, I won't feel so alone...

My Bookish Pet Peeves

1. Doggie Eared Pages

I can't be the only one. Whyyyyyyyy???? You understand, we all understand, how can people do this?!?!? How is being gay a sin when we have this in the world?!?

2. Books of Different Heights

This happens so commonly. I just don't understand why there can't be a standard size for hardcovers, and one for paperback. Such a fixable problem. By the way, wouldn't it be easier because you could use the same machine to make all books?!?

3. Paperback Books next to Hardcover Books

I never really hear people talking about this issue since it's such an avoidable problem. Personally, I just don't like when bookstores put the first book in a series in paperback (with no hardcover available) and the rest in hardcover. That just makes me want to buy all my books online, which makes me sad. I like bookstores... :'(

4. COVER CHANGES

Okay, this is just annoying. We must get to publishers about this issue. Why must you torture all these poor, innocent bibliophiles with your cover changes?
There is just so many... I must have more examples! At least this one is a good thing!

5. Book Covers that have Nothing to do with the Book

Publishers, publishers, why can't more of you read the books before you make the covers? Just, why? The books great, but the cover is giving me nothing.
Blizzard... Was there ever a blizzard? I don't think so...? At least it wasn't important.
Even after the change, what does this have to do with anything??? I guess it's pretty:
Thanks for reading! Please let me know I'm not alone.... After looking at all these bookish pet peeves of mine, I can't stand the world!! Grrrrrr.... Anything that bothers you that I missed? This hurts.

8 comments:

  1. OMG! I couldn't agree with you more on those dog-eared pages D: I don't wanna judge people. If they don't want to use bookmarks then just stay away from my books, ahaha. But sometimes you just wanna ask them "whyyy?!" And I hate mixing my paperbacks and hardcovers too. I have the Hunger Games in paperback, but Catching Fire and Mockingjay in hardcover D:

    Your posts are really good. If I had to suggest anything to improve it, just add a GFC gadget. I already followed you but I had to use a way not many bloggers know. So, adding a GFC gadget would totally help increase your followers and even blog buddies :D Other than that, everything is fine. But, if you're really willing, maybe you could create a personal background and header. The one you have right now is fine. It definitely fits your blog, since it is a book blog after all. But since it's pre-made and is available to everyone, then there might be some blogs that would look identical to yours at first glance. And as much as possible, you wanna give your readers a unique look to encourage them to always read your post. And of course, draw in more followers as well :)

    But I'm not a professional blogger, so you don't have to take these suggestions seriously. If you don't wanna change anything, it's totally fine :) I still follow you and stop by from time to time :D

    - The Reading Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Which gadget is the GFC gadget because I've actually been looking for one and most of them say something about followers.... Do you know the specific name or how I could get one???

      Delete
    2. Yea! :) Just go to dashboard then layout. Click "Add a Gadget" and then "More gadgets" (that should be on the left side) and just scroll away. It should be there :D

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much!! I finally found it! How could I not find it before...?

      Delete
  2. You're not alone! The cover changes really bother me, especially when they get changed for a movie. I refuse to by the "movie" covers. Books being different sizes bothers me as well. I always have to organize my books by size because of it.

    Great post. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I didn't even remember about movie covers, but that really bothers me too! Right now my shelves are organized by color and that seems to be okay as well.

      Delete
    2. I bet having them organized by color is really pretty.

      Delete
    3. It really is :) Though, it would probably be better if half my books weren't blue... XD

      Delete